TITLE: Sex Is The Best Medicine - Included in Coming In Hot Paranormal & Contemporary Medical Romance boxed set
AUTHOR: Kathleen Grieve
PUBLICATION: September 19th 2016 by Naughty Nights Press
MY RATING: 5 STARS
If you love Medical Romance and Paranormal, this boxset is extremely recommended!
To be honest I read it only for Kathleen's short story. And she didn't disappoint me! I loved this story so much.
Grant Anderson after the trauma of losing his parents at a very young age grows with a terrible phobia: Agoraphobia, the fear of open spaces and crowd. Thanks to his grandma he manages to go through school becoming a clinical psychologist. But when grandma dies, his phobia takes hold of his life and Grant spends several years hiding in his house. Now, it's time to overcome all of this, and he decides to take baby steps and ventures out in the world and leave once and for all the house that he now feels like a cage. But a cut on his hand just before his moving, brings him to the last place he wants to be: a hospital.
Kate Sumner has lived in a family always feeling like an outsider and she run away form the constant disapproval and criticisms to make a life by herself. Now she is an ER nurse, running nightshifts. She is an adrenaline junk, adrenaline is what propelled Kate in her life and in her job. But her romantic side wants a man, too.
The moment Grant needs stitches on his hand and Kate is the nurse in charge at the ER, is the turning point in both their lives.
Will be Grant ready to overcome his fears? Will be Kate ready to admit to herself that her craving for adrenaline rush is only a way of hiding her fears?
Will they find a cure to mend their hearts and souls? It seems that Sex Is The best Medicine!
As always, Kathleen's writing is great. When I read her books I feel the words flowing so easily and friendly to my heart. The balance between drama (... when you set a book in a hospital drama is expected, right?) and romance is always good. What I love the most is her way to bring to life vibrant, positive and witty characters, aside from being beautiful and sexy.
The story is short, but has all the elements to be "complete", nothing is missing.
Readers, if you love Medical Romance and sexy, witty characters I recommend you to check out Kathleen Grieve's books!!
Dating 911 (Dating Series) (Dating #1)
Emergency room nurse,
Roxanne Carter is a loser-magnet wishing she could enjoy her single
life. Commiserating with girlfriends over butterscotch martinis creates
the idea of The Dating Manifesto—a not so scientific research project
which promises to point the way to dating success. While gathering data
to find the most suitable single men available, she wades through a
series of unsavory, stale dates, which literally places her back at
ground zero. Just when she is ready to give up, sin personified in the
form of sexy firefighter Jett Avery, arrives tainting all of her
A traumatic warehouse fire, in which firefighter
Jett Avery's closest friend dies, has him suffering from Posttraumtic
Stress Disorder. Attempting to stave off the worst of his depression, he
decides to use his brand of therapy...Sex. The remedy has lost luster
until he encounters ER nurse Roxanne Carter.
Dating Impossible (Dating #2)
Focused on her career,
Dr. JJ Jones doesn't have time to date—and she certainly doesn't want to
date the "player" of the ER, none other than her girlhood crush, Dr.
Cruz Avery. JJ found out the hard way that romantic relationships in the
work place don't mix forcing her to relocate back to Arizona and change
jobs. She's determined to spend her free time enjoying her Harley,
reading true-crime novels, and learning about the new community she
Dogged by the gorgeous Dr. Avery with his skillful
hands, disarming smile, and hot lips, her resolve wavers. For now, she's
having fun making his mission to date her down right impossible!
straight-laced Dr. Stone Lassiter is a heart surgeon about to lose
everything he’s worked his entire career for. He is locked in a battle
of wills against the nurses of the surgical intensive care unit of
Deerborne County General.
At first, the new doctor was
definitely drool-worthy. Sexy or not, the nurses have had enough! Their
secret weapon? Unsuspecting SICU nurse, Faith Daniels, a cool green-eyed
blonde who turns Dr. Lassiter’s head every time she’s near.
the nurses’ plan to have Dr. Lassiter fall in love with one of their
own work in softening him toward the nursing staff? Or will the little
white lie Stone tells Faith destroy the fragile bond of love that has
developed between them?
Dating 911, Dating Impossible & The Doctor's Deception Available Now From Evernight Publishing http://www.evernightpublishing.com/
About Kathleen Grieve
Full time nurse, amateur cake baker, writer, and zombie
obsessed, Kathleen draws a lot from the real-life medical drama she experiences
as a RN for her novels. Writing romance is a creative outlet where she can
effectively deal with the daily stress and sorrow, adding levity and humor to
situations that provide a happily ever after when there isn't one. She has
recently discovered the fantastic world of air ambulance after 20+ years of
working critical care in the hospital and relishes her new role as a flight
nurse! Oh the stories to come!
Connect with Kathleen Grieve
on Twitter @KathleenGrieve
on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/
grievekathleen?ref=tn_tnmn#!/ pages/Kathleen-GrieveAuthor/ 251669291518939
About Kathleen Grieve
Full time nurse, amateur cake baker, writer, and zombie obsessed, Kathleen draws a lot from the real-life medical drama she experiences as a RN for her novels. Writing romance is a creative outlet where she can effectively deal with the daily stress and sorrow, adding levity and humor to situations that provide a happily ever after when there isn't one. She has recently discovered the fantastic world of air ambulance after 20+ years of working critical care in the hospital and relishes her new role as a flight nurse! Oh the stories to come!
- Tell me something about yourself There are so many things… how do I choose just one thing? Hmmmm…. I have 4 almost adult children. 2 in college and 2 in high school. 3 of my 4 kiddos are going into the medical field. I couldn’t be more excited. Two nurses like their momma and my younger daughter hasn’t decided nurse or physician’s assistant. Guess we will see. She starts college next fall.
- When did you first realize you wanted to write a book? I’ve always written, even as a child. Originally, I was an English major in college. In 2007 when I first started writing, I decided to merge my love of writing with my love of nursing.
- How did you get the inspiration for your first book? Well, any nurse who has worked in Cardiovascular Intensive Care can tell you that cardiovascular surgeons can be challenging to work with. There has only been 2 that have been actually nice guys, the rest… well they like to throw things and have temper tantrums like a toddler. When I still lived in Omaha, Nebraska, I’d just about had enough of their BS and decided to work my frustrations out by writing The Doctor’s Deception. I took all their mean traits and wrapped them up in one hot, yummy cardiovascular surgeon and made him a nice guy by the end. It made me feel better. LOL
- How much of your real life there is in your books? Let’s see… all the medical drama is true to life. Way better than what you’d see on Grey’s Anatomy or Chicago Med because how a patient’s medical condition is treated comes right from standards of care, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, and Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum standard treatments and evidenced based practice that I use in my every day life. For some reason, my heroine’s all have a little piece of me in them. For example, ICU nurse Faith Daniel’s has my obsession for chocolate, ER Nurse Roxanne Carter has my love for baking and bakes when she is stressed, ER Doctor JJ Jones stores useless, mindless facts that no one would ever care about, ER Nurse Kate Sumner has my love for adventure and does all the things I’m too chicken to do LOL…. And for the rest, I guess you’ll have to wait and see…
- Are your characters inspired by people you know in your real life? Other than my CV surgeon in my first book, The Doctor’s Deception, no. Mostly, they are inspired by music. Yes, music. Kind of weird, huh? Oh, and I do have a story in mind for a female pilot that I know and love. But that’s a story for another time.
- What do your friends and family think of your writing? They think I’m insane, really. Wonder where I find the time to write. LOL
- Do you have a special time or place to write? No. I have to squeeze in any time I can get because my work schedule is beyond full between my flight nurse job and my ICU job at the hospital.
- What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books? How much I love the writing process. To see the characters that have been talking in my head come to life is absolutely amazing. And that people actually like them? Well, hell… that completely blows me away.
- Are you writing something new? Yes, currently I’m under deadline with my book, Chicks Dig Scars. It is due to the editor by January 5th for an April 2017 release date. I have the cover and blurb for you!
- Favorite book and author? Wow… I have many. Too many to list. LOL
- Tell me how do you see yourself with three adjectives. Organized, fun and adventurous.
- Tell me how do you see your readers with three adjectives. Sassy, Classy, and very very generous!
When death steps in...
Committed and compassionate intensive care nurse, Rachel O'Dea will do anything
to save her patients. But when she loses a kind and loving man whom she forged a
fatherly relationship with, Rachel unravels.
...or so everyone thinks.
The calm and soothing voices Rachel hears and the apparitions she sees are of the
deceased man and his late wife as they navigate and persuade her to make
important choices in her life, leading her right where she's supposed to be.
Free clinic doctor, Devon Jameson, needs more hands on deck. He can't possibly
handle all the medical cases alone. When Rachel walks in, volunteering her services,
he knows he has no choice other than to take her on board as she proves her worth
when a pediatric trauma is left on his doorstep and there’s no one else to assist. As
the two begin working together, their lives intertwine and the attraction intensifies.
Scarred deeply by their past and their pain, Rachel and Devon begin a future only
angels could predict.